April 11, 2013

Simply Sweet - Sold

Simply Sweet, 4x4 oil

I found these amazing strawberries the other day.  I thought they would be great with some chocolate, but after tasting them, decided that they really didn't need anything at all. 
Today is the first day of the silent auction at the Dundas Valley School of Art.  It runs until Saturday April 13. The live auction is on the evening of the 13th.  I'll be heading over there sometime to see all the wonderful work that is on display and perhaps bid on a painting or two.  It's really a popular event.  I went to it last year to check it out and headed home with a few pieces of pottery.  Some of my artist friends who have been submitting work into this auction every year told me that I should give it a try.  I did, and have 4 pieces of art in it this year!  It's great exposure for the artists and 50% of the sales goes to help fund the school.

No comments:

Post a Comment