October 26, 2020

On the Hook - Sold

 

On the Hook, 12x12 oil
On the Hook, 12x12 oil

This past summer, a family of wrens moved into a birdhouse in my backyard.  They were hard to spot, I could hear them before seeing them.  Eventually I could hear the babies chirping in the depths of the birdhouse, while waiting for a parent to bring them more food.  I'm not sure if or when they left but I hope they'll be back next summer.  

Where has the time gone!?  The summer flew by.  There was barely anything to mark it's passage, but somehow it just went, as time does.  A few socially distanced meetups with friends as highlights, and of course watching my new baby grandson grow bigger and stronger with each passing week.  I would say that if there was anything good about the pandemic, it would be that I have spent a lot of time in my backyard watching and counting the variety of birds visiting the feeder, (or taking a sip from the saucers of water).  I took many photos and researched the varieties of birds I never realized had passed through my backyard; some I still haven't figured out their names.  My fascination with birds, unfortunately, has left my gardens looking as unruly as ever...but to be fair, it was a very hot summer.    

No comments:

Post a Comment