May 08, 2014

Spring Arrival - Sold

Spring Arrival, 6x8 oil
When the bulbs in the gardens bloom, there is a sense of promise that warmer weather is on it's way; but when the shrubs and trees start blooming, we know that that time has arrived.  Walking outside wearing a sweater or light jacket, and seeing the bright green buds opening on the trees... makes my eyes water and itch and my nose becomes a faucet, as the allergies take hold... I mean... makes me glad that winter is over and I can now pack my winter gear away, for at least a couple of months.  As I start thinking about cleaning up the garden and planting vegetables and perhaps something new in the flower bed.  Then it becomes a race to get the gardening done before the weather gets too hot, and my desire for a lush and beautiful garden wanes as do the plants in the summer heat.

Tomorrow evening is the opening reception for the '2nd Annual Oakville Artists Spring Show and Sale'.  The reception is Friday May 9th, 7-10 pm, free admission and a cash bar.  Saturday it will start at 10 am and close at 4 pm.  It's going to be a good show with 25 artists.   There will be no show on Sunday, since we will all be enjoying Mother's Day.

No comments:

Post a Comment