April 27, 2020

Home is Where I Lay my ...

Home is Where I Lay my … 24x24 oil

When I started this painting I was thinking about travel.  How when I go away somewhere, after the first couple of days I could sleep anywhere.  I was thinking about the families possibly planning to go away somewhere with their children for the spring break… wishing I was going away somewhere.  Well that thought quickly changed!  Now of course, because of the pandemic, the thought of traveling anywhere is risky and I'm perfectly content to stay home.  It's been about 6 weeks since we've all been stuck at home now and just getting out to go for a walk is a great pleasure.  I am looking forward to the time, probably in the distant future,  when I can pack my suitcase and head out somewhere, anywhere besides my backyard.  At the moment though, I am following the rules and staying safe.    

No comments:

Post a Comment