May 06, 2020

Time - Sold

Time, 12x12 oil

Are you finding time to do things during this pandemic that you never were able to do before?  I'm finding that with my husband home everyday, I am loosing track of which day it is.  I chose to paint this striped material because it seems to reflect the timelessness these days are creating.   

I know some people are using their time get some baking done.  I've always baked and cooked from scratch.  It started during my college days when it just made better money sense to make it myself.  When my children were small I wanted to control the ingredients they were consuming, and as they grew up they just would not eat store bought prepared foods, especially cookies.  I used to buy the larger bags of flour and other items that I used regularly.   These days, I still bake and cook all the time, but I don't need to buy such large quantities for just my husband and I.  A few weeks ago I ran out of flour.  No problem, the grocery stores are still open.  There was not one bag of flour to be found anywhere for a few weeks.  It seems that everyone has now taken up baking.  Social media has been inundated with photos of home baked pies, cakes, cookies and breads!!!  One day my husband finally found flour on the shelves of the local grocery store, 20kg bags!!! The price was amazing and I needed flour.  Luckily I have the rest of 2020 to use the flour considering the expiry date is mid December.  It really is a lot of flour!!!

I've started separating the flour out into 4 lb bags to give to family and friends. 

   




No comments:

Post a Comment