June 12, 2020

Measure Twice - Sold

Measure Twice, 12x12 oil

This year seems to be a good year for birds around my house.  I'm not sure if this is the same robin that had built a nest on the wreath that was on my front door last year, but if it is she has smartened up.  This year she has built her nest above the door and is now taking care of her second brood of babies this spring.  In my backyard I have two birdhouses.  The sparrows are inhabiting the red birdhouse, raising the many babies they seem to have every year and in my yellow birdhouse, I am thrilled to say that there are now wrens living in it.

I realized after completing this painting how everything in this painting represents something in my life over the months of April and May.  There's the robin on the front porch, the flour which I had to purchase a huge amount of, and even the flowers on the wallpaper have meaning.  During the month of May my daughter and I drew a sketch of a different flower every day. 

No comments:

Post a Comment