July 13, 2020

Luci

Luci, 12x12 oil

My husband and I made the decision to get a dog the same year our eldest daughter was heading off to university.  She jokes that it was her replacement.  Little did I know how that sweet little puppy would wind her way into the very depths of my heart.  She had an intelligence I have rarely seen in any animal.  Her instincts would drive her to chase squirrels, birds and anything else that caught her eye, but the chase was the fun of it.  When she got too close she would slow down and watch it 'get away'.  One day she dug up an old lacrosse ball in the backyard.  Despite the many toys and balls we brought home for her, that old ball was the only toy she would repeatedly ask us to throw for her.  The only thing better than chasing that old ball was chasing snowballs.  This year we had to say goodbye to Luci, but she will be in our hearts forever. 

No comments:

Post a Comment