September 25, 2014

Favourite Yellow Paint

Favourite Yellow Paint, 8x6 oil

It took me ages to figure out what to paint for 'y'.  I realized that my subject matter was sitting right under my nose.  I have a few empty tubes of yellow paint sitting in my paint drawer.  I'm not sure why I keep them, perhaps in case of a paint emergency I might be able to squeeze another drop of paint out of them.  I stopped this painting at this point because I really like the way it looks being a drawing as well as a painting.  In fact, I got to this point last night and couldn't bring myself to put another drop of paint on it.  After leaving it overnight, and seeing it in the morning, I still couldn't bring myself to paint anything else on it, so here it is, finished, I think.

Michael Harding's Artists Oil Colours, imported from England.  I discovered this brand of paint at the local art store.  It is superior to any paint I've tried.  I especially love the Cadmium Yellow!  When it was discontinued at that store, I had to find another supplier.  Now I get it from Gwartzman's Art Supply Store in Toronto.

This is painting #25, only 5 more to go for September!

No comments:

Post a Comment